Your web-browser is very outdated, and as such, this website may not display properly. Please consider upgrading to a modern, faster and more secure browser. Click here to do so.
Young enough not to care.
Interpret that how you will.
C/C sideblog: ao3feed-courferre
|Things I've been fannish about recently, you ask? |
Les Miserables, Graceland, Next to Normal, Vikings, Being Human (UK), Book of Mormon (the musical), The 4400, Star Trek (TOS and Reboot), Harry Potter, Avengers, Power Rangers, Hair (the musical), Firefly, Supernatural, LOTR, Dollhouse, Sherlock, Teen Wolf, and... yeah, I think that's enough to be getting on with, don't you? ^_~
- Only the FIRST FIVE tags you use on a NEW POST show up in the tracked tags
- Only the FIRST TWENTY tags on any post on your blog function (i.e click tag #21 and it will say page not found)
- When you’re in your messages, you can click the top right corner of an ask & it will take you to a permalink page. Go to ‘edit’ (top right of page) and reply using the post edit screen (and add tags without an extension)
- Always Reblog, Never Repost
- Tumblr Etiquette: don’t delete the OPs caption, consider it part of the work as a whole.
- Don’t tag your hate. If you don’t like a character or show or whatever, don’t tag your new post with their name/title/whatever in the first five tags. It shows up in the tracked tags. People that track a tag do so normally cause they love a thing. Don’t ruin a thing. No one likes a ruiner.
- Tumblr default reblogs long text posts as links and its a pain in the ass. Who ever wants them as a link. No one, ever. When you’re reblogging a text post, go to the Aa drop down menu in the top right & select ‘reblog as text’.
- When you add a comment to a post, the OP sees it. Just so you know. There’s a whole etiquette on commenting vs tags but it’s your blog do what the fuck you want
- you can view all the posts made in a particular day on someone’s blog by typing the url http://blogname.tumblr.com/day/2012/12/23, the order is year, month, then day
- if somebody’s blog is blanked or their theme is dysfunctional and you hate it you can view the blog without a theme by adding /mobile to the url. use this power responsibly and don’t creep on people who don’t want to be creeped on, also if someone has an ip tracker and you don’t want to show up on their ip tracker view their blog under /mobile
- search on tumblr blogs is dysfunctional so use http://blogname.tumblr.com/tagged/insert-tag/ urls instead to find all posts with a particular tag
- reblogged copies of posts are never tracked in tumblr tags (tags on tumblr, not an individual blog) so if you’re tagging a reblog for it to be tracked don’t bother because you’re wasting your time
- 99.9% of the time you can’t you can’t get somebody’s street address from their IP address alone, stop thinking you can because you’re wrong and you don’t understand how IP addresses work.
- there’s a rumor going around that you can find the identity of an anon by blocking the anon and looking at your ignore list, this is wrong, blocking anons doesn’t add anybody to your ignore list.
- blocking the anon will ONLY prevent them from sending any more anons, they are not blocked off anon
- blocked people can’t see your posts on their dash if they’re following you, you will never see their posts in tags (though they can see your posts in tags), and you will never receive any asks they send, notifications from them will also be hidden
- get xkit, tumblr savior, tumblr hate and #wrap if you can, they will make your tumblr experience much more enjoyable
- if you try to respond to somebody who is not the op by reblogging the post from someone else rather than reblogging the person directly, the person will never know you made a response and will never see it!
- if you tag posts with trigger warnings, write “[trigger] tw” rather than “tw: [trigger]” so it’s easier for people to block with tumblr savior
- if you want to reblog a really graphic image, please click “reblog as link” and put a description in the link
- click the gear icon when making a post and you can add a source to your post, please do this for any content you post that you found on the internet and is not your own!
- pls be a little skeptical and double check to make sure you’re not reblogging and spreading false information, this is hard and we all let things slip but try and do your best!
“get xkit, tumblr savior, tumblr hate and #wrap if you can, they will make your tumblr experience much more enjoyable”
XKit actually has black/white list functions like savior, and a block posts option like tumblr hate, and a fix for the tags so they wrap, if you only want to manage one extension. (I still have tumblr savior as well, because xkit’s version is a little awkward with a really long list, but it is a pretty comprehensive extension.)
I was on this site for AN ENTIRE YEAR before I knew I could tag search, and even longer before I figured out what the Tag Hate thing was.:[ I know most people are gonna catch on faster than me but HERE ARE SOME BASICS for any one who might be as lost as I once was!
also: XKIT MAKES EVERYTHING BETTER. Xkit Guy loves us and wants us to be happy. THERE IS A REBLOG AS TEXT POST OPTION THAT SUBVERTS THE AWFUL LINK THING. Go, Xkit!
This is a beautiful post and it gets better every time I see it. I only have one thing to add: the bit about new posts only showing up in the tags if you tag within the first 5 tags? Only half true. If you “search” in the traditional way by typing “tumblr.com/tagged/this-tag” into your browser, it still function that way. However, now that tumblr has a new search function, if you search “this-tag” in that function, it finds those posts no matter what number tag you listed it as. It even finds those posts if the tag is in the post text, IIRC. So… just FYI. ^_^
I want to find all the aromantic people who feel bad about being aromantic and hug all the sadness out of them. I want to tell them, “You are human. Your love is just as good as romantic love. Your relationships are just as good as romantic relationships. Your life is just as good and it is not missing anything.”
There are too damn many aromantic folks who have been damaged by a culture that equated romance with being human.
φ ≡ ♥
φ Post your Tumblr Crushes
≡ Most recent game played.
♥ Top Celebrity crush
Anyone else want to play? ^_^ [x]
Send me a symbol and I’ll respond accordingly;;
♫ - Show your face
♣ - Sexuality
♦ - Relationship Status
↕ - State/Country you’re from
φ - Post your Tumblr Crushes
≡ - Most recent game played.
∞ - How did you get into Tumblr?
Ω - Got any bad habits?
♥ - Top Celebrity crush
☻ - Favorite Blog I follow
◘ - Random Fact about you
• - Random Fact about anything
► - Asker gives a question
i think it’s a universal truth that everyone in our generation takes pluto’s losing its planetary status as a personal offense
pluto is smaller than russia. why did we ever even consider it a planet?
BECAUSE IT’S A PART OF OUR SOLAR SYSTEM
OHANA MEANS FAMILY
OHANA MEANS NO ONE IS LEFT BEHIND
"OH LOOK I FOUND A ROUND THING"
"But it’s really sma-"
"ROUND THING. I FOUND IT. PLANET."
Classifying Pluto as a planet made perfect sense when there was only one of it. That was the existing category it fit best into - you don’t make a whole new category for one thing. The same thing happened with Ceres. Round thing - Planet! Wait, there’s more. And more! And more! And not all of them are round and WTF??? They can’t all be planets!? Let’s call em Asteroids, cuz of how they’re kinda like stars (in that they’re nothing like stars). The cross-cutting category of Dwarf Planet restored Ceres to it’s kinda-sorta-planetary status.
On an emotional level, is it better to be the smallest and least of the planets, or the biggest, best and grandest of a whole new category?
My problem is, while it’s true that you should never ever EVER put Pluto and Jupiter in the same category… you honestly shouldn’t really put Earth and Jupiter in the same category. Part of the weird phrasing of the new planet definition is that it needs to include both the Gas Giants and the Terrestrial Worlds. Which, honestly, are nothing alike. It’s kind of a problem.
Or like moons. If not for the fact that it is the first one we found and the one upon which the very notion is based, Luna would never be classified as a moon. It’s way too big and way too close. We’d be a binary planet (like Pluto-Charon!) We are a binary planet - but nobody’s gonna say “the Moon is not a moon.”
It’s a space station.That would just be wacky.
The place to draw the line is not between Pluto and the other KBOs. There are folks who call ‘em all planets. And that’s great. But making a big deal over this Pluto reclassification really distracts from all the amazingly cool stuff that’s going on in the solar system. Like the fact that we’ve sent a spaceship to Pluto which is getting there next year. Here are some things:
- New Horizons is going out to Pluto. It’s already discovered three or four new moons. Also did you know Pluto has enough atmosphere to have wind?
- Dawn is getting to Ceres next year too! It’s gonna try to land on it! Ceres isn’t dense enough - it almost certainly has Oceans. Oceans. ON AN ASTEROID.
- Makemake, Haumea, Quaor, Sedna, Eris - are dwarf planets. AWESOME dwarf planets! Kuiper Belt Objects. They’re super different from each other and we don’t know much about them and Haumea is shaped like an egg!
- Speaking of Sedna, another thing with a weird orbit like it has just been discovered. Which suggests that there’s some biiiiiiiig planet-like object waaaaay out there disrupting everyone’s orbit that we haven’t found yet. MONDAS PEOPLE.
- Asteroidy things out past Saturn are called Centaurs. The biggest of them - Chariklo - has rings. RINGS. It’s got a surface area the size of Texas and it’s got friggin rings. It’s the only thing with rings we’ve yet discovered in the entire universe that isn’t a Gas Giant. And it has at least two of them, and possibly an itteh bitteh shepherd moon!
- WOULD YOU LIKE TO TALK ABOUT GANYMEDE??? It’s pretty great!
I guess my point is…call Pluto whatever you want. But stop being offended by it. There are way cooler things to be spending your energy on. And these things INCLUDE PLUTO!
Imagine Joly stirring Emergen-C packets into his orange juice every morning.
"You can never have too much Vitamin C," he says seriously.
Bossuet indulges him, and lets Joly stir it into his juice too. Really only because he likes the fizz.
I’m writing my essay on cyber-bullying right now
and there was this article that said “anon hate hurts us because when we read it, we don’t hear the attacker’s voice, we hear our own”
and that’s a really good observation.
"Evil in general does not sleep, and therefore doesn’t see why anyone else should. But Crowley liked sleep, it was one of the pleasures of the world. Especially after a heavy meal. He’d slept right through most of the nineteenth century, for example. Not because he needed to, simply because he enjoyed it. [Although he did have to get up in 1832 to go to the lavatory.]”
"Let’s have lunch," he said. "I owe you one from, when was it … "
”Paris, 1793,” said Aziraphale.
"Oh, yes. The Reign of Terror. Was that one of yours, or one of ours?"
"Wasn’t it yours?"
"Can’t recall. It was quite a good restaurant, though."
doeskin-pantaloons… I’M HAVING CROSSOVER FEELS AND I’M PRETTY SURE IT’S YOUR FAULT. JUST SAYING. *headdesk*
I always wondered whether Gaiman and Pratchett were deliberately setting us up for that crossover. Because otherwise, why 1832?
Also I would love to see Combeferre trying to understand the physical existence of angels and demons and I feel like he would want to experiment on them and it would be great.
After a quick browse around, apparently this crossover has been done, so we’re not the only ones to wonder that. I CHOOSE TO BELIEVE IT WAS DELIBERATE. ;D
But, OMG, YES. Combeferre would do that. He would absolutely do that. And couldn’t you just imagine Crowley and Jehan? They’d get on like a house on fire. Not to mention how he and Combeferre would feel when they got a peak inside Aziraphale’s bookshop.
…I’m really gonna end up trying to write this thing, aren’t I? O_o;;;
In the interest of not spamming the OP’s post I’m making a new one to house this reply. ^_^
OK, so… someone help me out. Do people really feel this way about kissing? Because I don’t understand it. I really, really don’t. I don’t feel this way about kissing on lips. Just… no. I really, really don’t. I don’t even vaguely understand the appeal. It’s just incredibly awkward and uncomfortable and I don’t even know. O_o;;; Is this really a thing people enjoy? I DON’T UNDERSTAND. :-P
eirenical - well, physiologically, the lips are erectile tissue, so stimulation can cause pleasure/arousal, which triggers the love drug and gets all the FEELS involved.
I love kissing, I miss it far more than I miss sex. I think it can be more connecting and romantic than sex for sure, since it’s traditionally more display of affection than a sexual overture. When I kiss someone I’m into romantically or sexually I find it’s very easy to get lost in the pleasure and connection of the act as described above.
OK, schreberpants. Now I’m even more fascinated. Because SCIENCE. And if there really is a physiological/hormonal reason why people find kissing to be a pleasurable thing, it makes me wonder even more why I don’t. First of all, I’m borderline repulsed even by the idea, but that’s purely intellectual and emotional.
Page 1 of 693